Sindbad PUZZLE

Retrouvez des chefs-d'oeuvre de la miniature persane et indienne en PUZZLES sur le site : http://www.sindbad-puzzle.com/

mardi 30 novembre 2010

Anthony Kiedis : No shortcuts to God



"I went with Guy O to a kabbalah course the other night, and the lesson was about the four aspects of the human ego, which are symbolized by fire, water, air, and earth. Water represents the excessive desire for pleasure, and I'm a water sign, and that's been my whole life. I've wanted to feel pleasure to the point of insanity. They call it getting high, because it's wanting to know that higher level, that godlike level. You want to touch the heavens, you want to feel glory and euphoria, but the trick is that it takes work. You can't buy it, you can't get it on a street corner, you can't steal it or inject it or shove it up your ass, you have to earn it. When I was a teenager and shooting speedballs, I wasn't thinking, "I want to know God," but deep down inside, maybe I did. Maybe I wanted to know what that light was all about and was taking the shortcut. That was the story of my life, even going back to my childhood in Michigan, when I'd get home from school by going through a neighbor's backyard and jumping a fence. It didn't mater if I got bitten by a dog or I ripped my pants on the fence post or I poked myself in the eye with a tree branch that I was crawling over, it was all about the shortcut. My whole life I took the shortcut, and I ended up lost."

Anthony Kiedis, Scar Tissue, Time Warner Books, p. 461-2

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire